Items 1-24 of 32
- Seiko Spirit Chronograph Mens Watch SBTR029Special Price US$265 Regular Price US$346
- Seiko Spirit Chronograph Mens Watch SBTR015Special Price US$265 Regular Price US$346
- Seiko Spirit Chronograph Leather Strap Mens Watch SBTR017Special Price US$265 Regular Price US$346
- Seiko Lord Chronograph Quartz Black Dial Mens Watch SSB373P1Special Price US$273 Regular Price US$418
- Seiko Lord Chronograph Quartz Brown Dial Mens Watch SSB371P1Special Price US$273 Regular Price US$418
- Seiko Lord Chronograph Quartz Black Dial Mens Watch SSB369P1Special Price US$318 Regular Price US$418
- Seiko Prospex Solar 200M Mens Watch SSC737P1Special Price US$349 Regular Price US$604
- Seiko Prospex Solar Chronograph Watch SSC707P1Special Price US$349 Regular Price US$604
- Seiko Solar Black Dial Rose Gold Chronograph Mens Watch SSC448P1Special Price US$379 Regular Price US$547
- Seiko Prospex Solar 200M Mens Watch SSC739P1Special Price US$349 Regular Price US$604
- Seiko Prospex Solar Chronograph Arnie Urban Safari Watch SNJ031P1Special Price US$531 Regular Price US$684
- Seiko Prospex Solar Chronograph Arnie Urban Safari Watch SNJ029P1Special Price US$531 Regular Price US$684
- Seiko Sky Prospex Solar Chronograph Pilot Watch SSC611P1, SSC611Special Price US$425 Regular Price US$798
- Seiko Prospex Sky Solar Sapphire 100M Pilots Mens Watch SSC609P1, SSC609Special Price US$432 Regular Price US$714
- Seiko Solar Chronograph Tachymeter All Black Mens Watch SSC623P1, SSC623Special Price US$296 Regular Price US$578
- Seiko Solar Chronograph Sports Watch SSC327P1, SSC327Special Price US$303 Regular Price US$433
- Seiko Solar Chronograph Tachymeter Mens Watch SSC621P1, SSC621Special Price US$265 Regular Price US$521
- Seiko Prospex Solar Chronograph 200M Diver Watch SSC618P1, SSC618Special Price US$592 Regular Price US$722
- Seiko Prospex Solar Chronograph 200M Diver Watch SSC615P1, SSC615Special Price US$455 Regular Price US$684
- Seiko Solar Chronograph Tachymeter Mens Watch SSC495P1, SSC495Special Price US$296 Regular Price US$524
- Seiko Chronograph Perpetual Blue Dial Alarm Mens Watch SPC125P1, SPC125Special Price US$288 Regular Price US$437
- Seiko Chronograph Black Gold 100M Mens Watch SSB156P1, SSB156Special Price US$171 Regular Price US$357
- Seiko Chronograph Stainless Steel Mens Watch SNDD99P1, SNDD99Special Price US$197 Regular Price US$227
- Seiko Chronograph Stainless Steel Mens Watch SNDF39P1, SNDF39Special Price US$174 Regular Price US$251
Auswatches.com carry a wide range of Seiko Chronograph (Automatic) watches for Australia customers. Enjoy the easy online check-out, affordable and fast shipment.
When Seiko started designing Japan's first watch chronograph, its goal was to produce a watch that was as status symbol as a timing device. Suwa Seikosha, the factory of SEIKO in Suwa, has developed a watch that was released in time for the 1964 Summer Olympics. Equipped with a 12-rigged hand-wound caliber 5719. Prominent features of this 6.1 mm thickness movement are one button that triggers the function of the chronograph, horizontal coupling, start, stop and zero return functions. The balance was adjusted to 5.5 Hz, or 39,600 vph. When the chronograph mechanism is turned on, the movement operates for 38 hours. The case was made of steel and had a diameter of 38.2 mm and a thickness of 11.2 mm.
Since the Seiko chronograph watch did not have an elapsed time counter, Seiko was equipped with a rotating bezel calibrated in 1 minute increments. To measure intervals longer than 1 minute, the user activates the chronograph and rotates the bezel until the tip of the large triangle is exactly opposite the tip of the minute hand. After stopping the chronograph at the end of the interval, the elapsed time was read using a rotating bezel and the elapsed time was read using a regular dial. The problem with this first chronograph series is that the bezel tended to break. Seiko has corrected this by replacing the fragile bezel with a sturdy steel bezel.
Seiko unveiled another version of the movement, the 6.4mm thick caliber 5718, on a limited edition steel watch that is very rare and longing for collectors today. What looks like a 12 o'clock date window is actually a golf stroke or point counter, operated with two buttons on the left side of the case. Another special feature is the 6 o'clock sub-dial that doubles as an elapsed time counter and seconds display. There is a tachymeter scale around the dial.
Incidentally, Seiko can also claim the honor of sending the first self-winding chronograph to space. From 1973 to 1974, US astronaut William Reid Pog was wearing a watch with a caliber 6139 (nowadays nicknamed the “Pogue Seiko”) when he boarded the Skylab 4 mission.
Brand New Seiko Chronograph Watches Price
Auswatches.com sells brand new genuine Seiko Chronograph watches for Australia customers online at low prices. Enjoy FREE shipping for Seiko watches sale at auswatches.com!