Items 1-24 of 543
- Citizen Eco-Drive Moon Phase Sapphire Mens Watch AP1050-81ASpecial Price US$341 Regular Price US$516
- Casio Vintage Analog Digital White Dial Unisex Watch AQ-800E-7ASpecial Price US$87 Regular Price US$113
- Casio Vintage Analog Digital Black Dial Unisex Watch AQ-800E-1ASpecial Price US$87 Regular Price US$113
- Casio Gold Vintage Unisex Analog Watch MQ-24G-9ESpecial Price US$52 Regular Price US$61
- Citizen Promaster Dive Eco-Drive Killer Whales Blue Dial Watch BN0231-52LSpecial Price US$478 Regular Price US$650
- Casio G-Shock Analog Digital Glitch Blazing Watch GA-2200NN-1A, GA2200NNSpecial Price US$204 Regular Price US$265
- Casio G-Shock Land Mudmaster Carbon Core Guard Watch GWG-2000-1A5, GWG2000Special Price US$729 Regular Price US$1,108
- Luminox Pacific Diver Gold Series Limited Watch XS.3121.BO.Gold Swiss MadeSpecial Price US$638 Regular Price US$790
- Seiko Spirit Chronograph Mens Watch SBTR029Special Price US$265 Regular Price US$346
- Luminox x Bear Grylls Survival CARBONOX Outdoor Explorer Watch XB.3729.NGUSpecial Price US$455 Regular Price US$622
- Seiko Spirit Chronograph Mens Watch SBTR015Special Price US$265 Regular Price US$346
- CITIZEN Tsuno Chrono Star Wars C-3PO Unsex Ltd Watch AN3662-51WSpecial Price US$467 Regular Price US$604
- CITIZEN Tsuno Chrono Star Wars R2-D2 Unsex Ltd Watch AN3666-51ASpecial Price US$425 Regular Price US$475
- CITIZEN Tsuno Chrono Star Wars Darth Vader Unsex Ltd Watch AN3669-52ESpecial Price US$448 Regular Price US$509
- CITIZEN Tsuno Chrono Star Wars Darth Maul Unsex Ltd Watch AN3668-55WSpecial Price US$448 Regular Price US$509
- Citizen Eco-Drive Future Force Mens Watch CA4500-24HSpecial Price US$323 Regular Price US$394
- Citizen Eco-Drive Super Titanium Whale Shark Limited Watch BN0225-04LSpecial Price US$531 Regular Price US$825
- Casio Edifice Bluetooth Smartphone Link Solar Watch ECB-900GL-1A, ECB900GLSpecial Price US$262 Regular Price US$318
- Seiko Spirit Chronograph Leather Strap Mens Watch SBTR017Special Price US$265 Regular Price US$346
- Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Radio Controlled Perpetual Watch CB5009-55ESpecial Price US$657 Regular Price US$911
- Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Radio Controlled Perpetual Watch CB5004-59WSpecial Price US$638 Regular Price US$835
- Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Radio Controlled Perpetual Watch CB5006-02LSpecial Price US$577 Regular Price US$759
- Seiko Lord Chronograph Quartz Black Dial Mens Watch SSB373P1Special Price US$273 Regular Price US$418
Quartz Watches Shopping for Australia Customers
Through Auswatches.com, our Australia customers can enjoy buying Quartz Watches online at a low prices.
In most of human history, telling time has been a guessing game that depends on the position of the sun, moon and stars. Clocks were invented when civilization began to require a more complex and accurate way of marking transit times.
Galileo Galilei created one of the earliest clocks in 1583. In this design, a pendulum was used. This is a long bar attached to the string that marks the transit time. Each time the pendulum moves, the gear rotates once, and by counting these rotations, the pendulum clock measures the elapsed time.
Unfortunately, pendulum clocks rely heavily on gravity, but gravity is not exactly the same around the world. This allows the clock to mark different times in areas with mountainous landscapes and extreme temperatures. Clearly this was not a reliable system.
To overcome these difficulties, Warren Marison and J.W. Houghton in 1927 made a breakthrough. The behavior of their clocks is completely different from the type of pendulum. First, these devices are battery powered. In other words, there is almost no maintenance cost. Second, the gear in the watch that measures the passage of time passes through the quartz crystal, not the pendulum. Thus, gravity does not affect these watches and time remains the same throughout the world.
Quartz watches followed immediately after the invention of the quartz clock. In 1967, Swiss Center Electornique Horlonger released the first quartz watch prototype. Shortly thereafter, a Japanese company named Seiko and in 1969 released the first commercial quartz watch.
From the late 1960s to the present, quartz watches and clocks are the most commonly used type of time indicating device. Even today's latest digital watches use quartz technology to show the passage of time. Quartz watches can shift by about a second per day, but these watches continue to be commonly used as the best time display device in the world.
Quartz Watches Prices
We make great efforts to offer a low price shopping hub for Quartz Watches at Auswatches.com. 24/7 online store to select your favourable quartz watches. FREE and FAST shipping at auswatches.com!