Items 1-24 of 568
- Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Blue Dial Diver Watch BN0165-55LSpecial Price US$341 Regular Price US$456
- Citizen Eco-Drive Future Force Mens Watch CA4500-16XSpecial Price US$273 Regular Price US$394
- Citizen PROMASTER AUTOMATIC Super Titanium Sapphire Diver Watch NB6025-59HSpecial Price US$1,018 Regular Price US$1,547
- Luminox Land CARBONOX™+ Military Spec Watch XL.3351.SET Swiss MadeSpecial Price US$714 Regular Price US$935
- Casio G-Shock Frogman Tough Solar Multi Band 6 Watch GWF-A1000-1A4Special Price US$756 Regular Price US$1,139
- Casio G-Shock Frogman Tough Solar Multi Band 6 Watch GWF-A1000-1A2Special Price US$756 Regular Price US$1,139
- Citizen Eco-Drive Orange Dial 100M Mens Watch AW1760-81XSpecial Price US$242 Regular Price US$342
- Citizen Eco-Drive Yellow Dial 100M Mens Watch AW1760-81ZSpecial Price US$242 Regular Price US$342
- Casio Analog Dress Watch MTP-1302D-7A2Special Price US$68 Regular Price US$75
- Casio G-Shock Carbon Core Guard Watch GA-2100-1A1, GA2100Special Price US$136 Regular Price US$212
- Casio Edifice x Honda Racing Collaboration Solar Bluetooth Watch EQB-2000HR-1ASpecial Price US$759 Regular Price US$987
- Casio Edifice Solar Gray Stainless Steel Band Watch ECB-2000DC-1ASpecial Price US$303 Regular Price US$341
- Citizen Eco-Drive Sapphire Chronograph Watch AT2149-85XSpecial Price US$334 Regular Price US$570
- Citizen Eco-Drive Rubber Strap Watch AW1760-14XSpecial Price US$227 Regular Price US$303
- Bulova Lunar Pilot Chronograph Watch 96K112 with Extra Leather StrapSpecial Price US$820 Regular Price US$1,155
- Bulova Lunar Pilot Chronograph Watch 96K111 with Extra Leather StrapSpecial Price US$820 Regular Price US$1,155
- Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Marine Divers Watch BN0199-53XSpecial Price US$334 Regular Price US$531
- Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Marine Blue Dial Divers Watch BN0196-01LSpecial Price US$311 Regular Price US$494
- Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch CA4500-83ESpecial Price US$273 Regular Price US$418
- Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph Black Stainless Steel Watch CA4505-80LSpecial Price US$273 Regular Price US$418
- Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Gray Dial Diver Watch BN0163-00HSpecial Price US$323 Regular Price US$456
- Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Blue Dial Diver Watch BN0162-02XSpecial Price US$323 Regular Price US$456
- Citizen Eco-Drive Rose Gold Calf Leather Strap Watch BU2023-12ESpecial Price US$300 Regular Price US$455
- Citizen Eco-Drive Solar Ladies Watch EM0597-12DSpecial Price US$166 Regular Price US$265
Quartz Watches Shopping for Australia Customers
Through Auswatches.com, our Australia customers can enjoy buying Quartz Watches online at a low prices.
In most of human history, telling time has been a guessing game that depends on the position of the sun, moon and stars. Clocks were invented when civilization began to require a more complex and accurate way of marking transit times.
Galileo Galilei created one of the earliest clocks in 1583. In this design, a pendulum was used. This is a long bar attached to the string that marks the transit time. Each time the pendulum moves, the gear rotates once, and by counting these rotations, the pendulum clock measures the elapsed time.
Unfortunately, pendulum clocks rely heavily on gravity, but gravity is not exactly the same around the world. This allows the clock to mark different times in areas with mountainous landscapes and extreme temperatures. Clearly this was not a reliable system.
To overcome these difficulties, Warren Marison and J.W. Houghton in 1927 made a breakthrough. The behavior of their clocks is completely different from the type of pendulum. First, these devices are battery powered. In other words, there is almost no maintenance cost. Second, the gear in the watch that measures the passage of time passes through the quartz crystal, not the pendulum. Thus, gravity does not affect these watches and time remains the same throughout the world.
Quartz watches followed immediately after the invention of the quartz clock. In 1967, Swiss Center Electornique Horlonger released the first quartz watch prototype. Shortly thereafter, a Japanese company named Seiko and in 1969 released the first commercial quartz watch.
From the late 1960s to the present, quartz watches and clocks are the most commonly used type of time indicating device. Even today's latest digital watches use quartz technology to show the passage of time. Quartz watches can shift by about a second per day, but these watches continue to be commonly used as the best time display device in the world.
Quartz Watches Prices
We make great efforts to offer a low price shopping hub for Quartz Watches at Auswatches.com. 24/7 online store to select your favourable quartz watches. FREE and FAST shipping at auswatches.com!